Saturday, August 15, 2009

Ouchy!

So I had sparring class last night. The kids all decided that they didn't want to come with me. Fine. Whatever. So I went by myself. We didn't spar for too long, but we sparred long enough for me to get a swift kick to the knee from one of my favorite sparring partners. Seriously, this guy could totally compete and beat the pants off most all his opponents. He's just that good. And what kills me is that he's only been doing karate for about a year now.

Today is Kenpo X day for P90X. Shouldn't be too bad. I find it to not be a challenge, and there is some speculation in the P90X community that this workout isn't "tough enough." I do get a good workout in with it, though, because, unlike those who HAVEN'T been trained in the martial arts, I actually do the moves right. But he does in no way shape or form have enough time to actually teach the correct way of doing the moves in an hour. So many people have been dogging it. Oh, well. I'll still do it and have fun with it.

Tomorrow, I am going to a nearby dojo for a sparring party. I'm totally excited about it. For a while now, I've been tossing up the idea of quitting karate, since I feel like I'm the only one in my family who's actually enjoying it. And I am having a hard time justifying the money on just myself. We shall see, though. There are a few things in the works at our dojo that might help us stay motivated to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment